Across the five boroughs – and beyond – a look at the latest in green energy:
- “It’s Embarrassing How Much Money We Save”: An Everyday Co-op Goes Solar (Habitat): How one Manhattan building made PV work in a big way.
- Blighted Bronx Revives with Roof Gardens, Solar Panels (BusinessWeek): An affordable housing complex gets some green upgrades.
- Hybrid Energy System in New York Reaches Milestone (hydrogenfuelnews): The first of its kind in New York, a hybrid wind and hydrogen fuel cell energy project is exceeding expectations.
- Living Off the Grid, Brooklyn Style (smartplanet): Solar panels will provide all the heat, electricity and water for a 100-year-old Brooklyn brownstone.
- Offshore Atlantic Transmission Line Moves Forward (ecogeek.org): The Department of the Interior has given the OK for a transmission like that will eventually connect to off-shore wind turbines off the East Coast.