A look at recent developments in green energy in New York:
- U.S. Solar Manufacturer to U.S. Taxpayers: Drop Dead (Forbes‘ Clean Beta blog): In light of the decent decision by a Massachusetts’ solar company to move a factory to China, why New York State shouldn’t expect to fare any better.
- Mark Ruffalo’s Crusade Against Fracking: “The World is Leaving Us Behind” (Huffington Post): Some star power in the case again hydrofracking.
- In New N.Y.U. Plant, a Collateral Carbon Benefit (The New York Times‘ Green blog): The plant is nearly three times as efficient as a traditional plant, and releases 23 percent less carbon dioxide.
- New York City Invests in Urban Green Tech (CNET): The Urban Technology Center will create a testing ground for green building techniques.
- Program Promotes New York Small-Scale Wind Energy (NYLCV’s Eco Politics Daily blog): In the past four months, NYSERDA received 17 applications for wind turbines – how many do we think are in NYC?