Here’s the latest news on green energy in New York:
- TD Bank’s first green branch sprouts in Queens (Crain’s New York Business): About 20 percent of the bank’s energy will come from on-site solar panels.
- $279m approved for New York clean energy projects (BrighterEnergy.org): A much needed update to the Renewable Portfolio Standard. NYC and the Hudson Valley will also get $150 million for large-scale projects.
- Sunny side of the Solarium (Daily News): A green condo complex in Long Island City will sport a 6-foot windmill.
- Renewable Energy Bill Would Make Uncompetitive Technologies Turn a Profit (City Hall): The bill would require energy companies to purchase a certain amount of their electricity from renewable sources.
- Bloomberg’s green guru heads for greener pastures (Daily Politics blog of the Daily News): It’s unclear who will head up PlaNYC as Rohit Aggarwala follows his fiancée to California.