What’s the latest in green energy? Find out by reading the following articles:
- Paterson: Change how NY gives business tax breaks (Associated Press via R&D): One of the new beneficiaries would be companies that create new clean energy jobs.
- Brookhaven Lab, NYSERDA, CUNY Get $150K to Green Campuses (LongIslandPress.com): Pretty self explanatory, but definitely a good initiative.
- NYS announces nearly $300 million for renewable energy projects (The Clean Tech Center blog): Note how none of the current projects are in NYC, even though the money comes from a fund into which all New Yorkers pay through their energy bills.
- Urban Wasteland: Tackling Energy Waste in Skyscrapers (WSJ Environmental Capital blog): Morgan Stanley HQ found $100,000 per year in savings (at a company where profits were $729 million for just the first three quarters of last year), and it doesn’t look like any jobs were created.
- And a somewhat related story – Real Estate Story of 2009: Greening Things Up (Epoch Times): The Empire State Building will undergo a retrofit for $4.4 million in yearly energy savings.