Lots of interesting reading this week! Here’s a sampling:
- With Wind Energy, Opportunity for Corruption (The New York Times): It seems like New York is trying to prevent corruption from the beginning, but there’s definitely potential for a problem.
- New York, Toronto, Copenhagen Want ‘Ambitious’ Deal (Bloomberg): Impressive goals from some of the world’s mayors, but what will come of it?
- Bloomberg Eyes Danish Offshore Wind Farms and Sees New York’s Future (Green Inc. blog, The New York Times): NYC sustainability director admits alternative energy projects don’t do much individually, but collectively they add up.
- Governor Paterson Accepts Final Plan to Guide New York to a Clean Energy Economy (WBNG News): The first time since 2002 that the state has laid out a plan for energy.
- NYC Gets a Solar Powered EV Charging Station (GreenPacks.org): Great initiative, since it’s definitely a problem if electric cars are being charged by fossil fuel energy sources.