A round-up of articles I found fascinating:
- Drive for geothermal power heats up on US campuses (Associated Press via wtop.com): As seems to be typical in New York, the Theological Seminary’s project tripled in cost because of regulation setbacks.
- Building Sustainability for PlaNYC (Policy Innovations): An analysis of the Greener, Greater Building Plan (which passed this week without mandatory retrofits) and PlaNYC as a whole.
- NY Awards $3M to Clean Energy Businesses (Gouverneur Times): Two NYC grant winners are Locus Energy, a software company, and Rentricity, which harvests energy from excess pressure in water pipes.
- Plan Advances to Build Wind Farm Off New York (Wall Street Journal): The wind farm would be the nation’s largest and could power 200,000 homes by 2015.
- NY students create wind-powered menorah (Associated Press via WCAX.com): Just because it’s entertaining. Happy Chanukah!